- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the revealed will of God, and is the infallible rule of faith and practice for the Christian (2 Tim 3:15-17; 1 Pet 1:23-25; Heb 4:12).
WHO GOD IS | WHO WE ARE:
- God manifests Himself in the form of a Trinity as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19; 1 John 5:7). Jesus Christ is the manifested Son of God and is the second member of the Trinity (Is 9:6; John 1:1,14).
- We were created by God and in the image of God: spirit, soul, and body. We inherit a sinful nature from birth because of the first man’s sin (Gen 1:26-31, 3:1-7; Rom 5:12-21).
JESUS | SALVATION:
- Jesus Christ is the only hope of redemption from sin and its effects for us as a fallen race. On the cross Jesus Christ paid the penalty for our sin and provided a way of relationship with God through His sacrificial death and His resurrection (Ps 103:3).
- Salvation comes by repentance, acknowledging our sin, and by confessing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He died for our sins, and that He was raised from the dead to make us right with God. This brings to our lives a spiritual awakening called the new birth (Rom 3:24, 10:8-10; Eph 2:8).
- We’re saved by faith and not by our good works. Yet our works, or what we do, reveal what we believe and will determine our rewards in eternity (Acts 16:3; Rom 10:9-10, 14:10-12; 2 Cor 5:10; Eph 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7; James 2:18).
- All believers should seek and experience the baptism with the Holy Spirit. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells the believer at the New Birth, and that each believer should also receive the subsequent experience of Holy Spirit baptism. This baptism with the Holy Spirit enhances the spiritual life of the believer with power and equips the believer for a life of obedience and service to the Lord (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8, 2:38-39, 10:44-46, 11:14-16, 15:7-9; 1 Cor 12:1-31). The baptism with the Holy Spirit is accompanied by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues, which should continue throughout the lifetime of the believer (Acts 2:4, 10:44-46, 19:2,6, 1:8).
- We believe in the manifestation of Spiritual Gifts in the body of Christ and in the local church. Each believer and church should allow and encourage their manifestations (I Cor 12:8-10).
- We believe that God ordained the societal institution called marriage to be a union of one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24).
- Baptism in water is an outward sign of an inward work of transformation that has already occurred. Water baptism is a landmark experience during which the believer publicly identifies with the death and resurrection of Jesus that he has already embraced in his heart (Matt 28:19; Acts 10:47-48; Rom 6:4).
- We should remember the death and resurrection of Christ and our relationship and union with Him through the observance of the Lord’s Supper, or what is commonly called Communion (1 Cor 11:24-30). All born-again believers are welcome to share Communion with us.
- The church is the body of Christ, and each believer is an important part. We believe that personal relationships in the body of Christ are to encourage and edify the believer. We believe that each believer has been given giftings from Jesus to be used to minister to others (Eph 1:22-23, 2:19-22; Heb 12:23).
LIVING AS BELIEVERS
- We believe in the full prosperity and blessing of the believer spiritually (John 3:3, 11:2, 2 Cor 5:17-21; Rom 10:9-10), mentally (2 Tim 1:7; Rom 12:2; Is 26:3), physically (Is 53:4-5; Matt 8:17; 1 Pet 2:24), financially (3 John 2; Mal 3:10-11; Luke 6:38; 2 Cor 9:6-10; Deut 18:1-14), and socially (Prov 3:4).
- It is the will of God for every believer to walk in divine health. Jesus Christ became our sin and our sickness on the cross, providing both for forgiveness of sin, and the healing of sickness and disease. We believe in praying the prayer of faith for the sick and trusting God for the healing of their physical bodies (Is 53:4-5; Matt 8:17; 1 Pet 2:24; Acts 10:38; James 5:14).
SECOND COMING | ETERNITY
- Jesus will return to earth for saved believers, to take them to heaven in the rapture of the church. We believe in the second coming of Christ with His saints to set up a millennial reign on earth (Rom 11:25,27; 2 Thess 1:7; Rev 19:11-16, 20:1-7) and the subsequent New Heaven and New Earth (Rev 21).
- Those who leave this life without experiencing the new birth through Jesus Christ will experience eternal punishment in hell and then in the lake of fire. We believe in a literal hell with literal flames, just as Jesus taught. Salvation and redemption are available only during this life and are not available to those who die without Christ (Rev 19:20, 20:10-15).
TIMES AND SERVICES
Sunday: 9am & 11am Wednesday: 7pm